On Demand Courses
Get continuing education credits with our On Demand webinar series. Listen to expert speakers on a variety of topics. Get answers that are relevant to your work. All from the convenience of your desk. Check out our on demand courses below.
GPS Thermal Insulation
By 2050, planet Earth is expected to have 9 Billion people living on it. Managing our resources today is more important than ever before.
By the end of this 1 HSW LU course, you will learn how GPS (Graphite Polystyrene) can help contribute to a more sustainable tomorrow.View Learning Objectives
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the basic chemistry of GPS rigid insulation.
- Understand the resource efficiency benefits of GPS.
- Discuss how moisture management properties of GPS contribute toward the walls drying strategy.
- Explain suitable applications for GPS insulation.
- Review GPS reference projects.
A Case for Continuous Insulation: Building Science, Market Demand, and Common Sense
The name of the game is being able to achieve more using fewer resources. Building with continuous insulation is one way to do just that.View Learning Objectives
After this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the building science principles behind thermal comfort.
- Review thermal resistance of assemblies vs. materials.
- Explain practical solutions for working with continuous insulation.
- Define the existing third-party tests that can be used to evaluate the performance of wall assemblies.
CASE STUDY BEYOND.High Performance Case Study - Tim O'Brien Homes
Tim O'Brien® Homes and BASF join forces to create the future of home building. Working collaboratively, the experts at the BASF Center for Building Excellence and the team at Tim O'Brien Homes were able to effectively evaluate costs and systems on the home, and ultimately, optimize the value for the builder and customer alike.
CASE STUDY Virginia Women's Shelter
SIPA & Timber Framers Unite High Performance Construction and Public Service to Make Virginia Woman's Shelter Expansion Possible
CASE STUDY Ohio Exterior Remodel Puts High-Tech Insulation To The Test
Northeast Ohio can be very hot and humid in the summer, and is often bitterly cold in the winter. That's why Ben and Kathy Higl made the extra effort to make their home more energy efficient as part of an exterior remodel. One of the project's primary objectives was to offset some of the remodeling cost by reducing long-term cooling and heating costs.